Dec. 14, 1995
Some 33,000 striking members of the Machinists end a 69-day walkout at Boeing after winning pay and benefit increases and protections against subcontracting some of their work overseas. ~ Union Communication Services
• Local 2010 Teamster joins the fight against 'Janus' case.
• White House reaches out to unions on trade policy.
• March roars in like a lion.
• Steelworkers welcome tariffs on dumped steel.
• Multi-generational households may cure political apathy.
• So just what is the Janus case really about? The answer is here.
• AFL-CIO president tells unions its time to go on the offense.
• 1.5M retirees await congressional fix for a pension time bomb.
• Behind the minimum wage fight, a sweeping failure to enforce the law.
• Internet defenders erupt to kill FCC’s plan to kill net neutrality.
• Unionists march nationwide for workers’ rights against corporate greed.
• If court rules against unions, conservatives won’t like what happens next.
• Invasive technology controlling workers is more dystopian than you think.
• NAFTA was written by corporations for corporations:
General Membership Meeting: Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!