Mar. 16, 1960
The United Federation of Teachers (UFT) is formed in New York to represent New York City public school teachers and, later, other education workers in the city.
~ Union Communication Services
• Local 2010 Teamster joins the fight against 'Janus' case.
• White House reaches out to unions on trade policy.
• March roars in like a lion.
• Steelworkers welcome tariffs on dumped steel.
• Multi-generational households may cure political apathy.
• So just what is the Janus case really about? The answer is here.
• AFL-CIO president tells unions its time to go on the offense.
• 1.5M retirees await congressional fix for a pension time bomb.
• Behind the minimum wage fight, a sweeping failure to enforce the law.
• Internet defenders erupt to kill FCC’s plan to kill net neutrality.
• Unionists march nationwide for workers’ rights against corporate greed.
• If court rules against unions, conservatives won’t like what happens next.
• Invasive technology controlling workers is more dystopian than you think.
• NAFTA was written by corporations for corporations: