Feb. 27, 1902: Birth of John Steinbeck in Salinas, Calif. Steinbeck is best known for writing The Grapes of Wrath, which exposed the mistreatment of migrant farm workers during the Depression and led to some reforms.
• The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%. That's a BIG deal.
• Still, we have a good jobs problem.
• Here's how a union creates jobs.
• Privatization: Costs more, provides less.
• The corporate war on workers includes–silencing unions.
• Where does the GOP disdain for workers come from?
Very cool rendition of "We Are the Union" by newly-organized NYC workers:
Our next meeting will be Sunday, Mar. 8, 2015 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart