Mar. 16, 1960
The United Federation of Teachers (UFT) is formed in New York to represent New York City public school teachers and, later, other education workers in the city.
~ Union Communication Services
• The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%. That's a BIG deal.
• Still, we have a good jobs problem.
• Here's how a union creates jobs.
• Privatization: Costs more, provides less.
• The corporate war on workers includes–silencing unions.
• Where does the GOP disdain for workers come from?
Very cool rendition of "We Are the Union" by newly-organized NYC workers: