May 1, 1886: Eight-hour day demonstration in Chicago and other cities begins tradition of May Day as international labor holiday.
• The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%. That's a BIG deal.
• Still, we have a good jobs problem.
• Here's how a union creates jobs.
• Privatization: Costs more, provides less.
• The corporate war on workers includes–silencing unions.
• Where does the GOP disdain for workers come from?
Very cool rendition of "We Are the Union" by newly-organized NYC workers:
Our next meeting will be Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart