May 4, 1886: Haymarket massacre. A bomb is thrown as Chicago police start to break up a rally for strikers at the McCormick Harvesting Machine Co. A riot erupts, 11 police and strikers die, mostly from gunfire, and scores more are injured.
• The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%. That's a BIG deal.
• Still, we have a good jobs problem.
• Here's how a union creates jobs.
• Privatization: Costs more, provides less.
• The corporate war on workers includes–silencing unions.
• Where does the GOP disdain for workers come from?
Very cool rendition of "We Are the Union" by newly-organized NYC workers: