Aug. 28, 1963: The March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom?the Martin Luther King Jr. "I Have A Dream" speech march?is held in Washington, D.C., with 250,000 participating. The AFL-CIO did not endorse the march, but several affiliated unions did.
• The Vice Presidential Debate: Some claims didn't match the facts.
• If we can make it here, we should by it here.
• Walmart warehouse workers are walking out.
• Where did all our pensions go?
• Buy union-made Halloween candy.
• Teamster rap: Wake up, America!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart