Oct. 30, 1986: Ed Meese, attorney general in the Ronald Reagan administration, urges employers to begin spying on workers "in locker rooms, parking lots, shipping and mail room areas and even the nearby taverns" to try to catch them using drugs.
• The Vice Presidential Debate: Some claims didn't match the facts.
• If we can make it here, we should by it here.
• Walmart warehouse workers are walking out.
• Where did all our pensions go?
• Buy union-made Halloween candy.
• Teamster rap: Wake up, America!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart