Feb. 5, 2003: President Bill Clinton signs the Family and Medical Leave Act. The law requires most employers of 50 or more workers to grant up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for a family or medical emergency.
• Teamster port drivers ratify 1st contract in 30 years.
• Why picket lines matter.
• Gear up for War on Worker battles in the states.
• U.S. budget vs. family budget: Let's be real about it.
• How 'right-to-work' weakens democracy.
• Flu outbreak is taking a toll on Marylanders.
• Relief ahead for U.S. citizens with undocumented spouses.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart