May 29, 1946: A contract between the United Mine Workers and the U.S. government establishes one of the nation's first union medical and pension plans, the multi-employer UMWA Welfare and Retirement Fund.
• Teamster port drivers ratify 1st contract in 30 years.
• Why picket lines matter.
• Gear up for War on Worker battles in the states.
• U.S. budget vs. family budget: Let's be real about it.
• How 'right-to-work' weakens democracy.
• Flu outbreak is taking a toll on Marylanders.
• Relief ahead for U.S. citizens with undocumented spouses.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart