Aug. 1, 1944: A 17-day, company-instigated wildcat strike in Philadelphia tries to bar eight African-American trolley operators from working. Transport Workers Union members stay on the job in support of the men.
• Teamster port drivers ratify 1st contract in 30 years.
• Why picket lines matter.
• Gear up for War on Worker battles in the states.
• U.S. budget vs. family budget: Let's be real about it.
• How 'right-to-work' weakens democracy.
• Flu outbreak is taking a toll on Marylanders.
• Relief ahead for U.S. citizens with undocumented spouses.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart