Feb. 5, 2003: President Bill Clinton signs the Family and Medical Leave Act. The law requires most employers of 50 or more workers to grant up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for a family or medical emergency.
• How about a 'Patriot Zone' at Wal-Mart?
• The reckless, flawed plan to privatize the Post Office.
• Seniors are the new target for tax increases.
• Would Jesus want a better roadmap to citizenship?
• Here's a great analysis about the economic pickle we're in.
• A recent report suggests that America is dangerous to our health.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart