May 3, 1930: President Herbert Hoover declares that the stock market crash six months earlier was just a "temporary setback" and the economy would soon bounce back. In fact, the Great Depression was to continue and worsen for several more years.
• How about a 'Patriot Zone' at Wal-Mart?
• The reckless, flawed plan to privatize the Post Office.
• Seniors are the new target for tax increases.
• Would Jesus want a better roadmap to citizenship?
• Here's a great analysis about the economic pickle we're in.
• A recent report suggests that America is dangerous to our health.