Oct. 30, 1986: Ed Meese, attorney general in the Ronald Reagan administration, urges employers to begin spying on workers "in locker rooms, parking lots, shipping and mail room areas and even the nearby taverns" to try to catch them using drugs.
• Get your Teamster discount on TurboTax.
• 80% will pay more to buy American.
• Everyone would feel healthcare cuts.
• The deadliest jobs in America, in one small graphic.
• Everyone wants better transportation, but pay for it?
• Retire Scabby the Rat? Say it ain't so!
• Maryland lawmakers propose raising state's minimum wage.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart