July 2, 1964: President Johnson signs Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, forbidding employers and unions from discriminating on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality, or religion.
• Get your Teamster discount on TurboTax.
• 80% will pay more to buy American.
• Everyone would feel healthcare cuts.
• The deadliest jobs in America, in one small graphic.
• Everyone wants better transportation, but pay for it?
• Retire Scabby the Rat? Say it ain't so!
• Maryland lawmakers propose raising state's minimum wage.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart