Aug. 4, 1997: Nearly 185,000 Teamsters begin what is to become a successful 15-day strike at United Parcel Service over excessive use of part-timers.
• The decline of unions is everyone's problem.
• Bill Gates is not so benevolent re Teamster workers' rights.
• Time to spell out our vision of how the economy should work.
• Dreamliner nightmare: 70% of components made outside U.S.
• Should Labor start looking beyond the NLRB?
• "Labor's fight is our fight."
• "Brotherhood" –
US labour news headlines from LabourStart