June 1, 1944:Extinguishing the light of hope in the hearts and aspirations of workers around the world, the Mexican government abolishes siestas—a mid-afternoon nap and work break which lengthened the work day but got people through brutally hot summer days.
• 3 good reasons right-wingers should like unions.
• The red-state strategy to wipe out the middle class.
• Hey Wal-Mart, let's call it what it is: Slavery.
• The largest climate rally in U.S. history - The National Mall, 2/17.
• Cliff notes on Pres. Obama's State of the Union address.
• A fitting tribute to James R. Hoffa on his 100th birthday: