Sept. 3, 1991:Twenty-five workers die, unable to escape a fire at the Imperial Poultry processing plant in Hamlet, N.C. Managers had locked fire doors to prevent the theft of chicken nuggets. The plant had operated for 11 years without a single safety inspection.
• 3 good reasons right-wingers should like unions.
• The red-state strategy to wipe out the middle class.
• Hey Wal-Mart, let's call it what it is: Slavery.
• The largest climate rally in U.S. history - The National Mall, 2/17.
• Cliff notes on Pres. Obama's State of the Union address.
• A fitting tribute to James R. Hoffa on his 100th birthday: