July 24, 1968: The United Auto Workers and the Teamsters form the Alliance for Labor Action (ALA),later to be joined by several smaller unions. The ALA's agenda included support of the civil rights movement and opposition to the war in Vietnam. It disbanded after four years following the death of UAW President Walter Reuther. - Union Communication Services
• 3 good reasons right-wingers should like unions.
• The red-state strategy to wipe out the middle class.
• Hey Wal-Mart, let's call it what it is: Slavery.
• The largest climate rally in U.S. history - The National Mall, 2/17.
• Cliff notes on Pres. Obama's State of the Union address.
• A fitting tribute to James R. Hoffa on his 100th birthday: