May 6, 1935: Works Progress Administration (WPA) established at a cost of $4.8 billion—more than $72 billion in 2011 dollars—to provide work opportunities for millions during the Great Depression.
• These crazy GOP proposals should make your head spin.
• This will answer all of your most burning sequester questions.
• The American Trucking Industry is doing okay.
• Who knew? 9 suprising facts about junk food.
• Union leaders call on Obama to fill Labor Board.
• Good stuff made in Baltimore.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart