Oct. 31, 1891: Tennessee sends in leased convict laborers to break a coal miners strike in Anderson County. The miners revolted, burned the stockades, and sent the captured convicts by train back to Knoxville.
• Corporate America - you didn't build that - really!
• 10 shocking facts about corporate exploitation of America.
• This fact about income inequality will blow your mind.
• The greatest retirement crisis in history is upon us.
• Check out these union-made Easter treats.
• Now what. Labor unions and the inevitability of class struggle.
• Employers actually believe they are no longer required to follow NLRB orders.
• The unthinkable has happened: Right-to-work law in place in Michigan.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart