May 3, 1930: President Herbert Hoover declares that the stock market crash six months earlier was just a "temporary setback" and the economy would soon bounce back. In fact, the Great Depression was to continue and worsen for several more years.
• For whom the bells toll, for whom the alarms ring.
• No OSHA inspections at TX fertilizer plant in 5 years.
• That huge budget deficit? It's shrinking. Really.
• Woot! Boston Teamsters answered the call.
• Immigrations raise incomes in America.
• 4 recent victories for the common good.
• No small knives on planes — for now.
• Did we mention that Republicans in Congress are going after our overtime?
• An honest portrayal of union organizing on this episode of 'The Good Wife.'