July 31, 1970: Members of the National Football League Players Association begin what is to be a 2-day strike, their first. The issues: pay, pensions, the right to arbitration and the right to have agents.
• For whom the bells toll, for whom the alarms ring.
• No OSHA inspections at TX fertilizer plant in 5 years.
• That huge budget deficit? It's shrinking. Really.
• Woot! Boston Teamsters answered the call.
• Immigrations raise incomes in America.
• 4 recent victories for the common good.
• No small knives on planes — for now.
• Did we mention that Republicans in Congress are going after our overtime?
• An honest portrayal of union organizing on this episode of 'The Good Wife.'
US labour news headlines from LabourStart