Oct. 24, 1940: The 40-hour work week goes into effect under the Fair Labor Standards Act, signed by President Roosevelt two years earlier.
• UPS package driver: 51 years without an accident.
• Proposed bill would undo changes to HoS restart provision.
• Union protesters target pro-RtW beermaker, Yuengling.
• Wall Street wants control of our pensions.
• Weak laws and an understaffed OSHA leave workers vulnerable.
• Senate Republicans take aim at working Americans.
• eBay CEO shares lessons from his first job as a Teamster.
• Labor needs to get back on the street.
• Unions, MGM ink labor agreement for National Harbor casino project.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart