Feb. 27, 1902: Birth of John Steinbeck in Salinas, Calif. Steinbeck is best known for writing The Grapes of Wrath, which exposed the mistreatment of migrant farm workers during the Depression and led to some reforms.
• UPS package driver: 51 years without an accident.
• Proposed bill would undo changes to HoS restart provision.
• Union protesters target pro-RtW beermaker, Yuengling.
• Wall Street wants control of our pensions.
• Weak laws and an understaffed OSHA leave workers vulnerable.
• Senate Republicans take aim at working Americans.
• eBay CEO shares lessons from his first job as a Teamster.
• Labor needs to get back on the street.
• Unions, MGM ink labor agreement for National Harbor casino project.
Our next meeting will be Sunday, Mar. 8, 2015 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart