Feb. 5, 2003: President Bill Clinton signs the Family and Medical Leave Act. The law requires most employers of 50 or more workers to grant up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for a family or medical emergency.
• The stakes for workers' rights in 2014.
• The elites shouldn't get handouts at our expense.
• The latest to join unions: College professors.
• Some hard, cold facts about the federal minimum wage.
• The origins and evolution of the TPP.
• Locked-out IKEA Teamsters get help from European labor leaders.
• Stunning: Boeing blackmails Washington state machinists...
• ...but workers resoundingly reject the deal.
• Up Late with Alec Baldwin...
US labour news headlines from LabourStart