Nov. 24, 1875: Led by Samuel Gompers, who would later found the American Federation of Labor, Cigarmakers’ Int’l Union Local 144 is chartered in New York City.
• The stakes for workers' rights in 2014.
• The elites shouldn't get handouts at our expense.
• The latest to join unions: College professors.
• Some hard, cold facts about the federal minimum wage.
• The origins and evolution of the TPP.
• Locked-out IKEA Teamsters get help from European labor leaders.
• Stunning: Boeing blackmails Washington state machinists...
• ...but workers resoundingly reject the deal.
• Up Late with Alec Baldwin...
US labour news headlines from LabourStart