Oct. 9, 2003: An estimated 3,300 sanitation workers working for private haulers in Chicago win a 9-day strike featuring a 28-percent wage increase over five years.
• The stakes for workers' rights in 2014.
• The elites shouldn't get handouts at our expense.
• The latest to join unions: College professors.
• Some hard, cold facts about the federal minimum wage.
• The origins and evolution of the TPP.
• Locked-out IKEA Teamsters get help from European labor leaders.
• Stunning: Boeing blackmails Washington state machinists...
• ...but workers resoundingly reject the deal.
• Up Late with Alec Baldwin...
US labour news headlines from LabourStart