Mar. 4, 1801: In his inaugural address, President Thomas Jefferson declares: “Take not from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.”
• March is Women's History Month: What women want.
• America's new servant class.
• How the rich became dependent on government welfare.
• We're listening to labor-friendly radio programs.
• Conservative political action group plots demise of unions.
• Anti-union workers sue VW, union over Tennessee plant...
• And they're backed by an anti-worker group linked to the Koch brothers.
• If you see an ad complaining that unions spend too much on politics....
• You might want to check out this mind-boggling statistic.
• More on wage theft: McDonald's workers file class action lawsuit.
• Sign Working America's petition to extend unemployment benefits.
• General President Hoffa on the Keystone XL pipeline and the TPP:
Our next meeting will be Sunday, Mar. 8, 2015 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart