Apr. 18, 1941
After a four-week boycott led by Rev. Adam Clayton Powell Jr., bus companies in New York City agree to hire 200 Black drivers and mechanics.
~ Union Communication Services
• GOP health plan pushes out older people.
• Top AFL-CIO officer: Unions are never backing down.
• The press is essential, whether presidents like it or not.
• UPS gives top brass a raise despite missed targets.
• Landmark decision concerning Teamsters goes to court.
• Trump budget proposes 13 percent cut to Transportation Dept.
• Teamsters fight back against UPS ‘golf cart’ bill in Kentucky.
• Labor Radio: XPO Logistics settles Teamster labor complaint.
• Immigrants don’t make up a majority of workers in any U.S. industry.