Jan. 22, 1826
Indian field hands at San Juan Capistrano mission refused to work, engaging in what was probably the first farm worker strike in California.
~ Union Communication Services
• Teamsters win strike at Clare Rose, Long Island.
• Big week in Congress for Trump labor picks.
• The sorry state of the U.S. economy.
• In search of a working class agenda.
• Unions won’t lie down as their clout is threatened.
• Senate GOP health bill could cost nearly a million jobs.
• AFL-CIO warns of NLRB nominees’ bad records.
• Republicans are working against workers.
• Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage.
• We will not rest in our fight to make the American dream real for all workers.
• Consumer groups, unions praise rule limiting companies’ use of forced arbitration.