November 14, 1978
Jimmy Carter-era OSHA publishes standard reducing permissible exposure of lead, protecting 835,000 workers from damage to nervous, urinary and reproductive systems. ~ Union Communication Services
• The big picture: How we got into this mess.
• Walmart pairs wage hikes with mass layoffs.
• Democrats to target Trump Labor policy in elections.
• From Mexico to the U.S., a NAFTA tale of two truckers.
• IBT applauds LA lawsuits against LA port trucking companies.
• Unions slam Trump’s cruel decision to deport Salvadorans.
• The most important election of 2018 might happen in Md.
• A higher minimum wage won’t bankrupt businesses. Low wages might.
• Teamsters threaten strike that could have Super Bowl ramifications.
• Workplace bullying affects nearly half of US workers. It’s time we did something about it.
General Membership Meeting: Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!