Mar. 16, 1960
The United Federation of Teachers (UFT) is formed in New York to represent New York City public school teachers and, later, other education workers in the city.
~ Union Communication Services
• Now arriving at America’s airports: Unions.
• How unions help immigrants resist deportation.
• NY Teamsters form ‘sanctuary union’ to fight ICE agents.
• Freedom Foundation not a friend to working-class families.
• A new generation is driving the future of the labor movement.
• Credit card tips to keep more cash in your pockets.
• Amazon workers underpaid, micromanaged, and under surveillance.
• 3 things parents should know about kids and the flu.
• Women across the globe are planning to strike March 8. Here’s why.