Dec. 14, 1995
Some 33,000 striking members of the Machinists end a 69-day walkout at Boeing after winning pay and benefit increases and protections against subcontracting some of their work overseas. ~ Union Communication Services
• Min. wage workers work 41 days for nothing.
• Reaping the benefits of an aging workforce.
• Solution for union pension fix won’t be easy.
• #MeToo has revived the Equal Rights Amendment.
• 'There is no illegal strike, just an unsuccessful one.'
• Labor Dept. honors Reagan: Tragedy or farce?
• NLRB vacates employer-friendly joint employer decision.
• DHL workers overwhelmingly approve new national contract.
• Charity in Teamster’s name wipes out $100,000 in school lunch debt.
• NY Teamster: Long hours make it tough for waste disposal drivers to stay safe.
• Major corporations have spent just 6% of tax windfall on workers.
• Is that text worth $500? Md. increases penalty for cell phone use while driving
General Membership Meeting: Sunday, Jan. 13, 2019 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!