Feb. 3, 1941
U.S. Supreme Court upholds the Wages and Hours (later Fair Labor Standards) Act banning child labor and establishing the 40-hour work week.
~ Labor Tribune
• BLS: Union numbers up, union density down
• The right to strike is in danger at the Supreme Court
• Inflation eroding real wage gains of many US workers
• Rail workers continue fight for sick leave, safe staffing
• Fur flies as Teamsters begin hashing out UPS negotiating strategy
• The South has a new union - and workers have Black women to thank
• Apple becomes first big tech firm to negotiate with union
• Labor, rights groups praise Biden policy boosting migrant worker protections
• Teamsters poised to strike Aramark Uniform Services in five states
• OSHA cites Amazon for exposing warehouse workers to safety hazards
General Membership Meeting:
Feb. 19, 2023 at 10 a.m.
Holiday Inn & Suites, 241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md.
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
Face masks are optional.