What's Going On ...
- A tentative agreement has been reached with Cinetic Landis Grinding, whose company reps walked out of negotiations in March. Ratification is scheduled for May 4, with recommendations from the bargaining committee.
- A 3-year agreement covering 61 Pepsi-Cola drivers, warehouse and merchandisers was unanimously approved in April; the pact provides retro pay, wage increases, adds a sick leave benefit, and includes various language improvements.
- A 6-month contract extension approved by members at Maryland Metals expires in June 2011; bargaining proposals are being drafted.
- -Upcoming Negotiations: Potomac Construction, Smith Baking Co., and Fulton County (domestic relations officers and probation officers). Check back for updates.
- An arbitration is scheduled June 2, 2011 for a member unjustly discharged for allegedly texting while driving.
- The Local also has two organizing drives underway.