July 7, 1998: Some 500,000 people participate when a two-day general strike is called in Puerto Rico by more than 60 trade unions and many other organizations. They are protesting privatization of the island's telephone company.
• Unions made a strong showing at the polls.
• The shameful exploitation in online shipping.
• Great stories of Teamsters helping with Sandy relief efforts.
• UPS ends charitable giving to Boy Scouts.
• Poll: Americans want Congress to act on jobs.
• Tell Congress: No cuts to our safety nets.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart