July 29, 1970: Following a 5-year table grape boycott, Delano-area growers file into the United Farm Workers union hall in Delano, Calif., to sign their first union contracts.
• Unions made a strong showing at the polls.
• The shameful exploitation in online shipping.
• Great stories of Teamsters helping with Sandy relief efforts.
• UPS ends charitable giving to Boy Scouts.
• Poll: Americans want Congress to act on jobs.
• Tell Congress: No cuts to our safety nets.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart