Apr. 20, 1980
United Auto Workers members end a successful 172-day strike against International Harvester, protesting management demands for new work rules and mandatory overtime provisions.
~ Union Communication Services
• Unions made a strong showing at the polls.
• The shameful exploitation in online shipping.
• Great stories of Teamsters helping with Sandy relief efforts.
• UPS ends charitable giving to Boy Scouts.
• Poll: Americans want Congress to act on jobs.
• Tell Congress: No cuts to our safety nets.