Oct. 13, 1985: More than 1,100 office workers strike Columbia University in New York City. The mostly female and minority workers win union recognition and pay increases.
• Maryland seeks out uninsured to inform about Obamacare.
• Judge declares Indiana 'right-to-work' law unconstitutional.
• Ex-bankster sides with Teamsters on bank reform.
• Congressional Black Caucus on the importance of organized labor.
• Unions aren't just for middle-aged white guys anymore.
• Labor secretary reinforces his commitment to certain policies.
• AFL-CIO demands ACA fix re multiemployer health plans.
• Here's a short video that shows the link between unions and prosperity.
• "The only prosperity is a shared prosperity," top economist in address to AFL-CIO. About 12 minutes beginning at 12:25. Worth a listen.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart