Apr. 28, 1970: Congress creates OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The AFL-CIO sets April 28 as “Workers Memorial Day” to honor the hundreds of thousands of workers killed and injured on the job every year.
• Indiana court tosses out state's RTW law.
• How to jump-start the economy: bring back unions.
• Why imperfect Occupy still had lasting effects.
• Longshore union got a raw deal from the AFL-CIO.
• Fox News continues its longtime assault on organized labor.
• VW workers sign up for the new type of union representation.
• A must-see movie, 'Inequality for All,' opens Oct. 4 in Baltimore.
• A compelling video — full of facts that will blow your mind:
Our next meeting will be Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 10 a.m.
All membership meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites,
241 Railway Lane, Hagerstown, Md. Please make every effort to attend!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart