Apr. 20, 1980
United Auto Workers members end a successful 172-day strike against International Harvester, protesting management demands for new work rules and mandatory overtime provisions.
~ Union Communication Services
• Teamster Budweiser strike continues.
• Alex Acosta confirmed as labor secretary.
• Acosta’s deadly agenda for workers.
• Why a $15 minimum wage is good economics.
• Writers Guild averts strike, wins new contract.
• May Day marches display worker solidarity across U.S.
• Fake flexibility bill would deprive workers of overtime.
• Worker safety group names the most dangerous employers.
• United Mine Workers union wins the long fight for retirees.
• Carrier union rep: Trump could stop offshoring if he wanted to.
• ‘God have mercy on your souls’: GOP passes cruel, destructive Trumpcare bill.