Apr. 20, 1980
United Auto Workers members end a successful 172-day strike against International Harvester, protesting management demands for new work rules and mandatory overtime provisions.
~ Union Communication Services
• The latest on Teamster contracts & strikes.
• AFL-CIO decries "war on regulatory protections."
• Militant labor organizers catch PepsiCo off guard.
• House rejects repeal of federal prevailing-wage law.
• Foreign workers being used to build auto plants in U.S.
• Trump about to make US much crueler to unionized workers.
• Has Big Pharma made us a nation of opioid drug addicts?
• Senators pressure retailers to root out "shameful" abuse of truckers.
• UAW accuses Nissan of "scare tactics" as workers reject union bid.
• Nurses cheer ruling finding labor law-breaking at Md. hospital.
• Aug. 21 rare solar eclipse: Your guide to watching it.