Mar. 16, 1960
The United Federation of Teachers (UFT) is formed in New York to represent New York City public school teachers and, later, other education workers in the city.
~ Union Communication Services
• The latest on Teamster contracts & strikes.
• AFL-CIO decries "war on regulatory protections."
• Militant labor organizers catch PepsiCo off guard.
• House rejects repeal of federal prevailing-wage law.
• Foreign workers being used to build auto plants in U.S.
• Trump about to make US much crueler to unionized workers.
• Has Big Pharma made us a nation of opioid drug addicts?
• Senators pressure retailers to root out "shameful" abuse of truckers.
• UAW accuses Nissan of "scare tactics" as workers reject union bid.
• Nurses cheer ruling finding labor law-breaking at Md. hospital.
• Aug. 21 rare solar eclipse: Your guide to watching it.