Oct. 27, 1904
The New York City subway, the first rapid-transit system in America, opens. More than 100 workers died during the construction of the first 13 miles of tunnels and track.
~ DC Labor
• Watch: Teamsters march on Washington
• Striking LU 170 tankhaulers, mechanics prevail
• UFCW: OSHA’s Smithfield fine ‘a slap on the wrist’
• Hoffa on Teamsters Military Assistance Program
• Ohio auto workers watch a way of life circle the drain
• FAQs re the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
• 886,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
• Unions eye long term as pandemic weighs on members
• The price of inequality? Lost annual income $42,000 for typical worker
• Workers at Republic Services need your help. Sign the petition here.