Sept. 21, 1982
National Football League Players Assn. members begin what is to become a 57-day strike, their first regular-season walkout ever.
~ DC Labor
• NLRB says ‘Scabby the Rat’ is free speech
• Extreme heat is killing American workers
• AFL-CIO: Paywatch data shows need for PRO Act
• New report details housing crisis for workers
• Amazon to end on-site Covid testing for warehouse workers
• It’s been 12 years since Congress raised the minimum wage
• First rank-and-file Teamster appointed to AEI national bargaining committee
• Companies claim there’s a labor shortage. Their solution? Prisoners.
• For minimum-wage workers, rent is now unaffordable in every county in America
General Membership Meeting:
Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021, at 10 am
Holiday Inn & Suites, Hagerstown, Md.
Face masks are optional.