June 5, 1998
A strike begins at a General Motors Corp. parts factory in Flint, Mich., that spreads and ultimately forces the closure of GM plants across the country for seven weeks. ~Labor Tribune
• Teamsters restructure Freight Division
• Target workers are joining the union wave
• What’s your rate of inflation?
• Emboldened labor movement seeks to expand on successes
• The new labor movement is young, worker-led, and winning
• Letter carriers union conducts annual food drive, Stamp Out Hunger May 14
• UPS surpasses Fedex for top spot of world’s largest transportation companies
• Labor board says Starbucks unlawfully fired 7 for union efforts.
• Inflation explained: The real reason prices are going up –