June 24, 1971
Seventeen workers are killed as methane explodes in a water tunnel under construction in Sylmar, California.
~ Labor Tribune
• Teamsters restructure Freight Division
• Target workers are joining the union wave
• What’s your rate of inflation?
• Emboldened labor movement seeks to expand on successes
• The new labor movement is young, worker-led, and winning
• Letter carriers union conducts annual food drive, Stamp Out Hunger May 14
• UPS surpasses Fedex for top spot of world’s largest transportation companies
• Labor board says Starbucks unlawfully fired 7 for union efforts.
• Inflation explained: The real reason prices are going up –